- The Barbecue Hall of Fame has announced its 2014 inductees:
— American Royal (@AmericanRoyal) August 11, 2014
- Ten 50 BBQ in Richardson will open next Monday. The Dallas Morning News has some photos from a preview dinner.
- By the end of the month, downtown Grapevine will have a new barbecue joint when Meat U Anywhere BBQ opens.
- Big Daddy’s Ribs is opening in Little Elm on August 16th.
- Kerlin BBQ in Austin will be closed until August 20th.
- BBQ Beefcake:
This is what happens when John does not get any sleep… “It’s hot in here” photo shoot pic by LeAnn Mueller -Ali pic.twitter.com/30N5DVeURl
— la Barbecue (@la_Barbecue) August 7, 2014
- John Mueller Meat Co. was broken into and an iPhone, among other items, was stolen. Mueller then somehow convinced the thief to return to JMMC where he was arrested. In the meantime the thief also texted a photo of his face and genitalia.
- This is not a drill! There is a tick out there that can bite you and make you allergic to red meat…forever. It must be stopped.
- Free barbecue tonight at Slab BBQ in Austin which just opened this week.
- For the House of Cards fans:
- The Dallas Observer goes shigging with Stephen Joseph of Riverport BBQ in Jefferson.
- The Smoking Ho went to Zimmerhanzel’s in Smithville, and really enjoyed the smoked sausage.
- On breaking down the societal barriers placed between the steer and your plate.
- What a Texas BBQ joint in Ukraine looks like:
— Architizer (@Architizer) August 13, 2014
- CultureMap Houston is impressed with Pappa Charlies Barbeque.
- “Houston pitmaster and East End native John Avila will host a series of barbecue pop-up restaurants on the new Esplanade.”
- Eater Austin gives us the best spots in the city for pulled pork.
- An Austin native shows how he makes BBQ sauce for his Australian catering company:
- It’s certainly irreverent, but this brisket and lobster sandwich looks too good to ignore.
- An interview with Opie’s pitmaster Seth Glaser by Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt.
- DCity Smokehouse is serving Texas style barbecue in Washington D.C.
- A Texas smokehouse from 1925:
— Texas Joe’s BBQ (@TexasJoesBBQ) August 11, 2014
- Eight great Austin barbecue joints with air conditioning, via Zagat.
- Thrillist names the fifteen best new barbecue joints in America. Texas gets four of the picks.
- The best barbecue in Boston. There’s enough for a Top 10 list.
- Here’s the perfect barbecue meal in Boston as built by PigTrip.net
- It is Shark Week, so which would you choose?
— ABC News (@ABC) August 11, 2014