- Camp Brisket, presented by Foodways Texas, is coming January 9-10, 2015. Tickets go on sale August 14th.
- Here’s a recap of the Foodways Texas Barbecue Camp that was held last month.
- Texas BBQ Week is starting July 13th. Here’s a list of great barbecue specials you can get around the state that week.
- Plan accordingly:
We are closed next week so get your craft meats fix this week to hold you over pic.twitter.com/98OUq0spyF
— Micklethwait Meats (@CraftMeats) July 2, 2014
- FM Smokehouse in Irving is opening a new whiskey every Tuesday this summer. There’s some good stuff in this lineup.
- Corkscrew BBQ in Spring is getting a new smoker. This one is an Oyler meaning a whole lot more barbecue for folks in the Houston area.
- Franklin Barbecue reopens July 8th with a new smokehouse:
First fire in the new smokehouse. Re-opening July 8! pic.twitter.com/KQrrKG7emz
— Franklin Barbecue (@FranklinBbq) July 2, 2014
- Dickey’s BBQ is looking to open 100 additional locations over the next year.
- Dickey’s wants to help you find your barbecue personality, and convince you that “Dickey’s Barbecue after Cross Fit is always a good idea.”
- How to use your grill to smoke. Hint: Don’t cook anything too large.
- The most important (Thrillist’s word, not mine) barbecue sauce styles in the country.
- A new product called the SmokeCage promises smoked flavor, even from a gas grill.
- Texas barbecue will be the feature on the Travel Channel’s BBQ Crawl next Wednesday night when they visit Longoria’s BBQ in Everman and Oink-N-Moo BBQ in Dallas:
- Underground BBQ is a new show coming to the Travel Channel that “pits neighbors against neighbors across the country in an epic BBQ cooking contest.”
- 17th St. BBQ in Murphysboro is casting folks in the business of barbecue for a new barbecue show.
- Thrillist followed The Shed BBQ team around the Memphis in May barbecue competition and filed this detailed report.
- Some barbecue tips from the BBQ Kings of Kuwait.
- Now barbecue joints are referred to as fast-casual concepts, or at least that’s what QSR Magazine calls Smoque in Chicago.
- Next week Blue Moon BBQ in Edge, TX will begin selling beef short ribs on Saturdays:
One more. pic.twitter.com/vtmzhdjiQe
— Matt Moon (@BlueMoonBBQTX) July 2, 2014
- Eater’s essential 38 restaurants in Dallas include Lockhart Smokehouse, Pecan Lodge, Smoke, and Woodshed Smokehouse.
- Eater’s essential 38 in Austin includes Stiles Switch, Franklin Barbecue, and la Barbecue.
- Foodable puts Smoke and Lockhart Smokehouse into their Top 25 of Dallas restaurants.
- A little sausage for your Fourth of July celebration?
— Josh Bousel (@meatwave) July 1, 2014
- Zagat Austin does some vegan barbecue trolling.
- Zagat Houston recounts their favorite meals so far this year, including the beef rib from Killen’s BBQ.
- USA Today published their list of the ten best barbecue joints in the South.
- Instead of another BBQ Top 10 List, here’s a group of barbecue related music videos.
- Dallas is getting a BBQ Festival:
— Robert Wilonsky (@RobertWilonsky) July 1, 2014
- On the future of barbecue and the science of smoking.
- Daniel Delaney explains how he tries to stay true to Texas barbecue at his Brooklyn barbecue joint Delaney Barbecue.
- The Houston Chronicle hones in on the affect that high beef prices are having on barbecue joints.
- Killen’s BBQ in Pearland is just eating those high beef prices, but it’s not hurting their success.
- The Smoking Ho has found good barbecue in Lubbock.
- Grilling vs. BBQ:
— Destination America (@DestAmerica) July 3, 2014
- A site called Chef Steps has provided twenty-one barbecue how-to videos.
- There’s a new barbecue joint is coming to Little Elm called Big Daddy’s.
- Test your barbecue knowledge with this BBQ IQ test from Garden & Gun.
- Want a full barbecue meal with your Bloody Mary?
— Thrillist (@Thrillist) June 25, 2014